Saturday 28 September 2013

Jess's Jabbers: Falling Behind!

Hi!
Do you every feel like your falling behind? Like everyone else is on the train and you've not even made it to the station yet? Call me cliche but, when I was 10, I thought that by the age of 15 I would have a boyfriend and be going to party's every weekend. However, 5 years on, I have done non of those things. I have never been to a party, hell I have never even been invited to one. I have never got drunk and I most certainly have never had a boyfriend. I have yet to experience my first love, first kiss, first relationship, first party and first hangover and, although I know that they will all happen, I can't seem to shake the feeling that I am falling behind. 
It's a Saturday night, my Facebook news feed is being taken up with status about party's and what am I doing? I am sat at home, ill, in sweatpants, watching 'Awkward' and writing on my blog. I know how cliche this must seem; a 15 year old girl writing about her lack of social life and the feeling that she is falling behind, but it's true and, sometimes, the truth is a cliche.
I am not one of those girls who are like 'my crush doesn't like me so I am going to die alone with 50 cats' but I understand how they feel. As far as I know, a guy has never been 'interested' in me. This is not a fact that necessarily upsets me but it is a fact that makes me think: 
In less than 4 months I turn 16 and, as I sit in my room listening to people, mostly couples, walk past my house making their way to whatever party they're going to, I can't help but wonder if that will be me this time next year or if I will still be sitting here wishing it was?
-Jess<3



No comments:

Post a Comment