Monday 13 May 2013

Catering Practical Exam 2013: Afternoon Tea!

Hey!
So, if you go to school in the UK, you will know that it is 'official' exam season. Yes boys and girls, that means exams and revision are pretty much all anyone does. As I am only in my first year of my GCSE's, I only have 4 exams this year: 1 biology, 1 chemistry, 1 physics and 1 catering practical. 
Today (Monday the 13th of May 2013), was my catering practical exam. This exam is 20% of my overall grade. Our task was to make 4 dishes for an afternoon tea. At least one of these dishes had to be savoury and we had to make these dishes in 3 hours.
I thought I would share pictures of my final dishes. I have tried really hard to avoid putting my schools information into these pictures so that is why the angles may be weird, ect. Also, I would really appreciate it if you over looked the messy backgrounds as exams are stressful and sometimes cleaning up slips your mind when your under pressure (name that song anyone?).

Catering Practical Exam 2013: Afternoon Tea!

My Finished Table!

Cake Stand!
Top Plate: Bitesized Banoffee Tartlets and Chocolate Dipped Viennese Fingers.
Bottom Plate: Fresh Strawberry And Cream Cupcakes.

Home Made White Bread Buns With Cheese Savoury And Cream Cheese With Cucumber!

My Menu!

My Finished Table!

Have you got any exams this year?
-Jess<3

No comments:

Post a Comment