Saturday 9 February 2013

Jess's Jabbers: Work Experience Intro!

Hey!
From Monday 11th-Friday 15th of February 2013, I am going on work experience. If your not from the UK   you might not know what work experience is. In year 10 (ages 14-15), pupils go and work in a working environment for 5 days (1 school day week).
You can work anywhere from a shop to a bank and some people even go away to do it. For example, a girl last year went to London to work at a magazine for a week and a boy this year is going to France to work at a bakery for a week.
But I am not going away for it. Actually, I am going to be a classroom assistant at my old primary school. I know what your thinking, everyone goes to a primary school because its easy and the hours are good. But, for me, it is more than that.
I want to be a teacher. I am not sure weather I want to teach primary or secondary school but I want to be a teacher. If I taught primary school I would want to teach year 2 (ages 6-7). If I taught secondary school I would want to teach English. This week is going to show me weather I completely want to be a teacher and, if I want to be, weather primary school is right for me or not. If I don't want to be a teacher I think I would like to be a lawyer. I don't know why but the law really interest's me and I think I have the qualities that would make a good lawyer.
Anyway I am hoping to do a couple of 'Jess's Jabbers' posts to document my work experience. My school has given me a booklet that I have to fill in about it but I would like to document more than that. This post is meant to be a little intro post about it.
As it is an intro post I thought I would tell you the things I want to get out of work experience:

-A better idea of what I want my future career to be.
-A better understanding of what working in a adult environment is like.
-To improve things like my communication skills and my work ethic.
-To understand the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/classroom assistant.

I hope to write a blog post everyday from Monday to Friday about how my work experience is going and my thoughts on it. Wish me luck.
-Jess<3

No comments:

Post a Comment