Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas 2013: Mock Exam Results And Surprise Presents!

Hey!
Last Wednesday (11th of December 2013) I got my mock exam results back. In late November I had taken mock exams for each of the subjects I'm taking for GCSE. They say that between now and June (when I take my actual GCSE's) most people go up by at least one full grade (e.g if you got a 'B' grade in the November mock, you should get an 'A' grade in your actual exam). As I am pretty happy with my results and the effort I put into the mocks, I thought I would share my results on my blog.

My Mock Exam Results (November 2013):
English - B
Maths - B
Science - C
Catering - B
French - C
History - B
Religious Education - B
Travel and Tourism - A

If what they say about going up by a whole grade is true, I feel pretty confident about the June exams now!

I help out in the Learning Support team at my school. Twice a week I go in for form time (20 minutes in a morning) and help out by listening to people read or going and collecting people from classes. It is something I volunteer to do as it will look great on my C.V and gives me great experience as I want to become a primary school teacher. The teachers in there are so lovely and have really took my under their wing. I went in today in form time (I go and help out on Tuesdays and Thursdays) and they gave me a wonderful surprise. They gave me a little Christmas gift and card to say thank you for helping them. It made me feel all warm and put me in a great mood for the rest of the day. I go and help because I enjoy it, not because I have too but, by them giving me a gift, it made me feel appreciated and like someone had noticed the work I have been putting in to help out. They got me a cute little Christmas card and a Moroccan Rose 'Gift Cube' from The Body Shop. It is a really sweet little gift and I am very grateful that they made the effort to buy me a gift. 


-Jess<3

No comments:

Post a Comment