Friday 14 December 2012

BlogMas 2012: Day 14- The World Is Horrible Sometimes!

Hey!
So, you have probably already heard about all the primary school children and teachers who died in the Connecticut shooting today. It breaks my heart to think that someone could shoot innocent, defenseless children like that. My thoughts obviously go out to all their family's. R.I.P.
Sometimes the world sucks. Sometimes being a human sucks. The fact that I am even the same species as murderers and things makes me feel sick. The fact that I am the same species as someone who could just walk into a primary school and kill innocent children and teachers makes me sick.
Today in PR (philosophy, ethics and religion), we were talking about how life is precious. Its sad to think that all those children who died today won't even get to grow up and experience life. That fact makes me extremely sad.
The more I think about death, the more I think about how we should make the most of the lives we have. Sometimes life gets tough. I am 14 and, trust me, I have had my fair share of tough, horrible times. Illness and death have affected me but I have kept smiling. You have got to keep smiling.

Keep your chin up, your head high and a smile on your face no matter what life throws at you. Life is to far short, that is something I am just starting to realise. R.I.P to everyone who died in that terrible shooting today.
-Jess<3

No comments:

Post a Comment