Friday 28 December 2012

The Top 5 Things 2012 Has Taught Me!

Hey! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are going to have a fab New Year. Just 1 quick note before we start, I am not going to do a 'What I Got For Christmas' post this year. I mentioned in one of my post's that I was thinking about doing it but I have decided not to this year as my blog is still getting up and running. But I do have some things to haul that I got with some Christmas money I received this year. It is also my birthday January so I might do a 'What I Got For My Birthday' post and a birthday haul, we will just have to wait and see nearer the time.
Anyway, as 2012 is drawing to a close, I thought I would reflect on the past year and see if 2012 has taught me anything. I reflected for a while and have come up with a list of 'The Top 5 Things 2012 Has Taught Me':

1.'Nothing Last's Forever' - 2012 has seen the end of a lot of things in my life. This year I got to pick my
                                           GCSE options. Because of this, 2012 has seen the end of subjects I don't
                                           like. Also, this year, I lost some people that have been a big part of my life for
                                           the majority of my life. Both of these things, as well as lots of other things that
                                           have happened to me and my life in 2012, have 1 big thing in common. Non of
                                           them have lasted forever. This year, one of the biggest things I have learnt is
                                           nothing ever lasts forever. It does not matter if you loved or hated the thing that
                                           has ended, everything ends and that's okay. That's life.

2.'You Have To Believe In Yourself' - This one is mostly to do with school and grades. I got grades this year
                                                           that I did not think I could get. I have always felt like I was a
                                                           bit 'dumb' compared to some of my friends and things. But this
                                                           year I have realised that I can do just as well as everyone else, I
                                                           just have to believe in myself a bit more.

3.'Nobody's Perfect' - I am the type of person who wants everything to be perfect. Weather its that way I
                                   look or the way I set out plates for tea at home, I strive for it to be perfect, no matter
                                   what. This year has taught me that nobody or nothing is ever perfect. It has taught me
                                   that I should not dwell imperfections but, that instead, I should embrace them.

4.'Looks Aren't Everything' - I have always been very conscious of the way I look. I am someone who
                                             compares the way I look to the way other people look. This year I have
                                             started to see that looks are not everything. I am starting to see that its about
                                             you as a person, the way you treat people and the vibes you give off to the
                                             world around you.

5.'Not Everyone's Going To Like You' - This year I have worked out that not everyone is going to like me.
                                                               All my life, I have been someone who has always wanted to
                                                               make everyone like me. I have realised that not everyone is going
                                                               to like me. People are naturally different and not everyone gets
                                                               along with everyone else. This year I have finally realised this
                                                               and I have stopped trying to make everyone like me.

So there they are. Those are the things 2012 has taught me. If you did like this post please take a moment to follow this blog. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it and I will speak to you soon.
-Jess<3

No comments:

Post a Comment