Sunday 9 December 2012

BlogMas 2012: Day 9- Are Fairy Tales Real?

Hey! Yes, I know, I missed 4 days of BlogMas. What can I say? I am sorry.
Recently, I have been getting back into reading. I used to love to read. I was a girl brought up of fairy tales, happy ever afters, princesses, hero's, love story's and, most of all, magic. I still believe in 'True Loves Kiss' and 'A Prince Sweeping Me Off My Feet'. Anyway, like I was saying, I used to read loads. It all changed 2 years ago. I got my first laptop and the world of the internet took over my life. Reading became something I did when I went to family gatherings and I did not want to talk to anyone or when I was on holiday and my parents had banned laptops and the internet. I am a quick reader. I don't skip pages and I read from cover to cover but I am just quick at it.
This summer, on holiday, I read the first 2 books in a series.The series is called the 'Hush, Hush' series. It is gonna be the next big thing, trust me. Now that 'Twilight' and 'Harry Potter' are over, 'Hush, Hush' is gonna take its place. Its about angels. Fallen angels. I know, it sounds a bit weird and rubbish. But its good, I promise.
The series is by Becca Fitzpatrick. There are 4 books all together. The 1st book is 'Hush, Hush', the 2nd is 'Crescendo', the 3rd is 'Silence' and the 4th is 'Finale'. I have the first 3. The 4th book, 'Finale', has only just come out. I read 'Hush, Hush' and 'Crescendo' on holiday in the summer. I read them both in 4 days and I fell in love with the story line. I don't want to give anything away because I think you should all read them so I won't spoil the story line. 'Hush, Hush' is, by far, my favourite out of all of the books. I know I should not say that because I have not read all of them, but I can not see any of them being better than that one. I always seem to like the first book in any series the best. I guess its because the characters are new. Your getting to know them in the first book, working out if you like the story line or not, working out if you like the characters or not. In the first book, 'Patch' (the main male character, the love interest of the main female character, 'Nora'), seems to say all these things that make my heart melt a little. He is mysterious, interesting, exiting and, by the description of him, seriously hot. I have a bit of a thing for 'bad boys', I won't lie, and he is a 'bad boy'. Yes, I know he is a fictional character but a girl can dream, right?
Anyway, after I read the first to on holiday, I was gonna come home and read the 3rd book but I guess I just never got round to it. On Wednesday (5th of December 2012), I had a sudden urge to read 'Hush, Hush' and 'Crescendo' again. I read 'Hush, Hush' from Wednesday to yesterday (Saturday the 8th of December 2012) and I fell back in love with 'Patch' and the story line. I started 'Crescendo' at around 7pm yesterday night and I finished it this morning. I read 3/4 of it last night and was up till 2 A.M this morning reading it. I finished the last 1/4 of it in about 1 hour and a half this morning and now I am on to book 3, 'Silence'. I have read the 'Prologue' but I am scared to read any further. By the sounds of it, this book is gonna test the relationship 'Nora' and 'Patch' again. The 2nd book tested in and now this books gonna test it as well. Even though I know it will all end fine I don't want to have to read the sad bit (if there is a sad bit/sad bits).
 At the start of this post, I told you how I was brought up on fairy tales and 'Happy Ever Afters'. Has the fact that I was brought up on that made it harder for me to deal with the things that don't end well, even if its just in a fictional book? Has it made me believe that life is easy and that someone is just going to turn up and 'Sweep Me Off My Feet'? Has it made me just assume everyone gets a 'Happy Ever After'? Has it made me assume I get a 'Happy Ever After'? I guess what I am trying to ask is: How much, if any, of fiction/fairy tales is real? How much of it is a accurate representation of real life? Is any of it an accurate representation of real life?
By believing in fairy tales and 'Happy Ever Afters', am I believing in something that was never true to begin with? Am I clinging on to a childhood dream that will never come true? Am I waiting for someone that is never gonna turn up?
-Jess<3

No comments:

Post a Comment